New to Missouri

Thread: New to Missouri

BeckyJ Guest

Default New to Missouri

Hi we are moving to Missouri (Kansas City) in about a week and a half. My daughter (a 5th grader) has been with TLC here in San Diego for 3 years. I don't see any homeschooling schools in Missouri. I really need guidance. I have homeschooled for the last 7 years and I have two seniors graduating this June. I'm kind of getting a little frantic as I have no ideas of the laws for homeschooling in Missouri and I have no clue how to go about it there. Please help.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Becky, I am going to point you to Ann Zeise's site, A to Z Home's Cool Missouri Page. This is one of the best sites I can recommend to get you familiar with the legalities of homeschooling in Missouri. Are you looking for a curriculum or a school that administers for home education, or are you looking to homeschool on your own? Using an umbrella or cover school might put you in a different category of education that if you administer the homeschool yourself. Read through Ann's site and see if that helps your figure out what you need. If you have further questions please feel free to ask and we will see if we can get you specific answers! Good luck with the move.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!