Seeking Homeschoolers in Hermann MO
    Unregistered Guest

Default Seeking Homeschoolers in Hermann MO

Hello,
    I am searching for other parents who home school in Hermann.
    I am hoping to connect with Jan Kent who home schools there.
    My 8 year old son and I are new to this.
    Please contact ( contact info removed by moderator!) Thanks !
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 01-12-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: dangerous to put personal info out in public!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I want to welcome you (belatedly, my apologies!) Sometimes I don't get notified that someone has posted out here and it slips by me!

I hope you are having success with homeschooling, let us know how you are doing!

If you are still looking for homeschooling families you might check with your local library, or search online for homeschool groups in your area. You might also check with local churches to see if any homeschool groups use their gyms, or classrooms to meet for co-ops during the week.
    Let us know if you have any questions!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool

I am new to homeschooling in Hermann. We just started in the fall. We are loving it right now.

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool

We are new to homeschooling in the Hermann area. We began this fall and are loving it!

Welcome to Time4Learning! What grades are you homeschooling? What made you decide to homeschool? Did you think about it for a long time, or decide to homeschool from the very beginning?

Have you looked at Vocabulary and Spelling City yet? Great site!

Well, if you have questions please feel free to ask and again, welcome!
    Linda

Unregistered Guest

Long story short about our decision to homeschool - I had some health issues a few months ago and had to quit working, we had our children enrolled in a private school, and we decided to save money by taking them out and me teaching them at home. This was going to be just a temporary situation - through this year - but we're all really enjoying it and I think we're going to continue.

I'm a teacher by trade, I have a master's in early childhood education and have taught pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade. My two boys are in pre-k and 1st this year.

We're signed up for time 4 learning and spelling city. I'm using our old school's curriculum and stuff to finish out this year, but I am looking into purchasing a curriculum for next year. I've looked at SonLight and A Beka. I'd appreciate any suggestions with that - I'd like for it to be Christian based. Thanks!

I have no experience with SonLight or A Beka so I can't weigh in there. I will say that Time4Learning consistently provides more material than was provided in the public school that my daughter would have attended if she had remained in public school. It is secular in nature, but many families find that T4L can fit in to Christian home quite well. If you check the forum, there is a specific Christian portion where you might find information on how T4L is integrated successfully.
    I'm sorry to hear of your health issues and hope that you are doing well now.

The other single piece of advice I might mention is that homeschooling is generally different than "school at home". Remember to be flexible, and that some of the things that work with the classroom dynamic might not work as well in small group, or one on one situations. That being said, relax and enjoy watching your children learn, it is a very uplifting experiece!
    Linda