Social Interaction
    Unregistered Guest

Default Social Interaction

Hi, my name is Angela. I am a mother of a 14 year old son whom I've home schooled for several years. Not that I haven't been worried about his social skills, I find myself worried more and more as he gets older. He has people he talks to, but I would like to get him more involved in the community. Is there any other families near the Hannibal Missouri area that are home schooling their children close to the age of my son? If not, does anyone know of any resources I could check in to? Thank you in advance! My email is [email protected]

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! I'm not near you, but I thought I'd give you some ideas from our own experience.

Have you looked into local homeschool support groups? Some of the ways we've had social interaction is through a drama club for homeschoolers, P.E. for homeschoolers, and a speech and debate club that we found through the NCFCA organization. My kids made lots of friends through our local homeschool support group, too. If you don't have a local group, try contacting your state homeschool organization. Google is a good way to just search for these.

Here are a few I found:

Homeschool World: Missouri Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups

Missouri - Homeschooling Support Groups & Co-ops | Homeschool | Home EDucators Resource Directory | HERD

Affiliated Support Groups
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass