Thinking About Homeschool in Missouri
    Momof2boys11 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thinking About Homeschool in Missouri

I am a mom of 2 boys in Missouri. I have NO IDEA where to even think about beginning to homeschool!

Unregistered Guest

You will do great, the first year is kind of like a 'figure out your family' year, so don't get discouraged. Well actually there will be times that you get discouraged, but remember, the next day you can start all over. Remember these things: you will make mistakes, own it and learn from them; things will not be perfect; don't try to make your home like a traditional school room; figure out how each of your children learns best; and give yourself some grace! There are SO many overwhelming things about homeschooling, especially for new families. I would suggest taking a very simplistic view to start with that way you don't set your expectations too high that you fail. Don't be afraid to fail at something, that just means you haven't found what works yet! Best of Luck!

dhgc138 Guest

Default I have a great website to share.

I seen your just starting out and my sister moved to Texas and someone told her of this great website free online christian based homeschool system. You can donate like I do to help keep the online website updated and help with costs for them. It was a mother from Pa. that made this site. God bless her for that. It has made my life so much easier. It does take a year or so to get use to it. The curriculums are all made and designed for you already and you can personally pick and choose what grade what curriculums you want etc. I really like it though and it saves me so much money and there are 2 sites of it.
    One for preschool-8th grade which is Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool – A complete, free online Christian homeschool curriculum for your family and mine

One for Highschool/college 9-12+ which is Homeschooling High School/College – Easy Peasy All-in-One High School

I hope you like it or it helps get you started. Take care and God bless.