Thinking about homeschooling my child
    Unregistered Guest

Question Thinking about homeschooling my child

I am thinking about homeschooling my child. About two years ago my daughter was diagnosed with graves disease. She has been having some difficulty in school. Part of having graves is you experience different sided effects. For example, overwhelmed, anxiety, rapid heart, unable to concentrate at times, depression, the list goes on. At school her test scores goes up and down, the teacher says it's not that she can't do the work, it's just it is hard for her to concentrate at times. When she's at home doing interactive work she does just fine. She's told me in the past that she fells more comfortable having me teach her. I have thought about it in the past, but I am looking for work now and I don't know how I would be able to incorporate the two. My question is how do I go about possibly homeschooling my child while working?

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Thinking about homeschooling my child

How old is your daughter? I've homeschooled while working outside of the home and it's definitely possible. Especially if you use a curriculum like Time4Learning. Your student can login and work on lessons while you're at work, or you can even homeschool in the evening or at night. Whatever works for you. There is much flexibility with homeschooling.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thinking about homeschooling my child

I've homeschooled while working outside the home, too . . . for many years. A curriculum like Time4Learning does make it easier, and a lot of how you organize things depends on your child's age. If they are old enough to stay home alone while you work, you will do things differently than if you use some form of child care.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!