wantimg to homeschool
    Jessicasquires85 Guest

Default wantimg to homeschool

Is time4 learning an accredited homeschool program for Missouri and does their elementary curiculm meet missouir standereds or how does that all work? Pleases help me

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: wantimg to homeschool

Hi, Jessica. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum. It is not a schools. Schools can be accredited, but a curriculum can't.

No state dictates what curriculum you must use or what curriculum you may not use. I'm not from Missouri, but I found this on Missouri's Department of Education website. In Missouri, you are required to teach a certain number of hours and to maintain certain records, but they are just for you to retain in case your program is ever questioned (and, usually, there's about as much chance of a person being reported for suspected educational neglect as for any other kind of neglect). You're not required to even notify the school district that you are homeschooling but, in states where the OPTION to notify exists, many people choose to let them know because they feel it reduces the chance they'll be questioned.

The curriculum used by Time4Learning was developed to be used in public schools, and it's used in many public schools nationwide. The developer only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!