What is the hardest thing about homeschooling in Missouri? What irritates you, what laws do you find hard to comply with? By telling us what you find difficult, you might just find that there are others who share your opinion, or others who might just have a solution for you.

I think that the the most difficult thing to deal with would probably be the amount of proof necessary to show that a child is receiving regular instruction. A parent/teacher must maintain what could be considered excessive documentation. Consider this...the parent must maintain a diary/plan book, AND a portfolio of academic work, AND a record of evaluations, AND offer at least 1000 hours of instruction, 600 of which must be core subjects, AND at least 400 of the 600 hours must be at the regular homeschool location. While I am sure the intent is to make sure the children get educated, the result is a lot of paperwork and red tape. Time that could be spent on children and family is instead spent on record keeping.

That's just my 2 cents worth. Maybe this is not a problem for you, maybe there is something else that irks you. Care to share with us??? Please.

Linda
State Rep
Board Moderator, and...
Homeschooler of one!