Favorite Nebraska Homeschooling Resources
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Carla
  • 1 Post By Patricia Krull

Thread: Favorite Nebraska Homeschooling Resources

nebraskamomto2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Favorite Nebraska Homeschooling Resources

Hello! I would love to compile a list of favorite local resources for homeschoolers here in Nebraska. I know of many, but I'm sure not all! Please share some of your favorite homeschool "hot spots", resources, clubs, activities, etc. Thanks!!

I'll start...these are all mostly in the Omaha area

www.omahahen.org or email [email protected]

www.nchea.org is the Lincoln support group

American Heritage Girls club contact Carol Halstead at [email protected]

Homeschool Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts in Omaha, Nebraska

Another great resource for P.E. classes are the ones offered by Prairie Life Fitness Center on 132nd and Center. They are every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00. You can pay as you go per session. One option that many families have taken is to join the fitness center, which makes all classes free. I personally haven't joined, but I do have to say that the center is the most family-friendly fitness center I've ever seen! They are amazing and very helpful to the homeschoolers. There are other P.E. classes around Omaha, but these are my children's favorite out of all that we've tried.

For more Omaha clubs or activities, visit:
    http://www.omahahen.org/resources/clubs.htm

Carla is offline Member Regular

Default Re: Favorite Local Homeschooling Resources

A great homeschooled teen community service group is Teen Serve. They meet one Friday a month to do a service project and then have lunch and social time together. The projects range from helping elderly and single moms with yardwork to working in a food pantry.
    I believe you can get contact info. from HEN (Home Educators Network).

A favorite field trip has been going to Nebraska City. We love the Lewis and Clark museum, but there is also the Mayhew Cabin and John Brown cave, Arbor Lodge and apple orchard.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Patricia Krull is offline Junior Member Newbie

Since I am not in the Omaha area, I thought I would add a resource that I know of for my general area, which includes Crete and Lincoln.
    In Crete there are virtually no local resources at all, however in Lincoln, the Cooper YMCA has a Homeschooler's gym class (and while I do not have first-hand knowledge, the other YMCA's may offer a similar opportunity).
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Nebraska Homeschool Guest

Thumbs up Nebraska Homeschool - Resources and Updates 2017

Greetings from Nebraska Homeschool - The Home Educators Network, Inc. (NH-HEN)

Sign-up for our free Network News so you will know what is happening in Omaha metro! It's a great to way to plan a visit too. Follow this link:

Nebraska Homeschool - Network News

Many things have been changing here in Omaha area for our group.

1) A a new name: Nebraska Homeschool (formerly known as Omaha Home Educators Network - HEN)
    2) A new website: https://www.nebraskahomeschool.org
    3) A Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/nebraska.homeschool/
    4) A Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/nehomeschool/
    5) We're bringing our Homeschool Resource Directory online for your use!
    6) We host many events during the year, plus an annual summer conference.

You can find us listed on this site, the HSLDA.org site, and on the Nebraska Dept. of Education site.

We're here to support all homeschooling families in Nebraska with information and resources, plus we service families from the nearby Iowa communities as well. So if you're moving to the area or have a question about homeschooling in Nebraska, feel free to contact us at [email protected].