Outside the box homeschool
    Unregistered Guest

Default Outside the box homeschool

My husband and I are currently working full time. He works from home I work outside of the home. We are beginning our 2nd year of homeschooling our 7 yr old, while our 5 year old will be doing her kindergarten year at a Montessori school. We are very intentional with our homeschooling but it doesn't look like any home school classrooms that I've seen - that's the beauty of it, I know, but I still struggle with worry. We are brainstorming options for the future, as we would like to home school both of our children and will likely be adopting several more children in the near future.

We need help. Has anyone ever hired a teacher/helper/tutor to help them homeschool? From what I can gather, we may have to invent something entirely 'new' to serve the needs of our family. Has anyone ever heard of a small co-op of families that have hired a teacher or a homeschool mom to run a one-room schoolhouse type of school on their behalf? Is this a crazy?

Our main motivation for homeschooling is to provide our kids with a quality, personalized education experience. We believe in flexible and creative routines and materials (rather than the typical public and private school style of teaching). Our philosophy is such that we are always teaching our children and preparing them to learn, but we need some help with the day to day chores and practicalities of working and schooling our kiddos.

I'm definitely in the gathering info phase... I would love to hear of experiences you have had. Any ideas? Thoughts? Thank you!!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! Since you're on a Time4Learning forum, I'm sure it will come as no surprise when I recommend Time4Learning.

Some of my favorite aspects of Time4Learning are the flexibility and availability. Your kids can log in from any device, with an internet connection, 24/7. I also love that it lesson plans and record keeps for me.

Additionally, it can work as a core curriculum (it's an award-winning comprehensive curriculum), or you can use to supplement programs and materials you're already using.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have, on any of the boards here. Looking forward to seeing you around!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!