Plans for the summer
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deirdre

Thread: Plans for the summer

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Default Plans for the summer

Hi, Everyone.
    It's so quiet in here. I just want to get some conversations going. Help me out here, huh?

What are your plans for the summer? Vacations? Staycations?

My daughter went to a worldview convention. Now she'll be leaving this weekend with my sister and her family to vacation in Tennessee, North Carolina and Central Florida. My other daughter is with my other sister for a couple of weeks in Orlando, Florida. I'll be staying with them for a couple of days when I go to pick her up. I can't stay longer because I'm so allergic to their cat and dog.

I'm thinking while our 2 girls are away, I'll have more time to devote to my son. I'll also have chance to get caught up on some things on my To Do list.

So what are your plans?
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Deirdre Guest

Thumbs up Ballet classes and guitar lessons!

Summer plans include new ballet classes for the girls and guitar lessons for the boys! I found this new studio in West Omaha...Morning Star Ballet and Performing Arts. It is owned by a couple who are the main instructors. The wife teaches dance classes and the husband teaches guitar lessons. Almost all their students are homeschooled, and during the year most of their classes are during the daytime!

We really enjoy this studio, the teachers, and the other students. The teachers have degrees and really have high standards for the students, and the kids love it. Musical and artistic challenges are what spice up our summer right now. They get exercise and learn grace, poise, etiquette, and modesty. The atmosphere there is encouraging and the teachers are respectful, patient, and really helpful to parents. I would recommend them to any homeschool families looking for qualities arts classes/lessons taught in a Christian atmosphere for their children (sometimes the two don't go together!)

If anyone is interested in their website, here is the link...enjoy!
    Morning Star Ballet & Performing Arts - Home
    lovehmschlg likes this.