Intent to Homeschool/Educational Plan of Instruction
    Wmoon is offline Senior Member

Default Intent to Homeschool/Educational Plan of Instruction

I see that a notice of intent to homeschool must include an educational plan of instruction for the child in the subject areas of English, including reading, composition and writing, mathematics, science and social studies, including history, geography, economics and government.

This sounds complicated or is it easier than it sounds?
    *~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

Unregistered Guest

Default me too

I was wondering the same thing. Did you ever figure this out?
    Thanks, Casey

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Casey. I don't live in Nevada, but I would suggest you contact a local homeschool support group and get some tips from veteran homeschool families. That's what I did before I started homeschooling here in Florida.
    You also may find this link helpful: Nevada Homeschooling Information
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

cranecorinne is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am new to Nevada, In other states they just wanteda basic outline of that you are going to teach your child. ( they want to be sure your not going to walmart for the $5 book for your high schooler) I have a general idea of what I want him or her to lear and so I but it down. This is mine I am going to turn in next week. I have done this same basic outline in Washington State, Rode Island, and Virgina. (yes military family) we did not register in California. I have not ever gotten a responce back. I dive them a little more detail, shows I know what I am doing, also they get tired of reading it. they have other things to do then deal with me. They look at it, Oh she knows what she is doing in.. OK and move on... SO. hope this helps... ( I still need to proof read the plan I hope it flows ok )

Good Afternoon, My name is Corinne Crane. I am a seasoned homeschool mom. I recieve my homeschooling certification through Christian Light Publication. See attached form copy. This is my education plan for my son Darrock (Dar) Crane.
    We use one of the curriculum that are available through Alpha and Omaga Publications. Last year we also homeschooled Dar use this same Horizons program and really enjoyed it, and he did extreamly well. We plan on continuing homeschooling foreseeable future. Thank you. Mrs Crane.

1. Horizons 1st Grade Math
    No boring math lessons here! With the colorful pages, Laying a solid math foundation. Horizons allows my child to master basic math skills like counting, adding, and subtracting numbers in no time at all. Through the process of introduction, review, and reinforcement, also teaches my child more challenging concepts such as time, fractions, sets, graphs, sequencing, and estimation.

2. Horizons 1st Grade Penmanship
    I plan on contining to teach my child the art of beautiful handwriting. This student workbook contains 160 lessons with easy-to-learn manuscript writing exercises that include upper- and lower-case letters and words, numbers, punctuation, and more! Don't write off the importance of teaching good handwriting skills in your homeschool. Even in today's high-tech world, my little man will benefit from being able to fill out forms, write thank-you notes, and sign his name in proper penmanship. My homeschooler will learn the fundamentals of manuscript writing with engaging, daily writing lessons that include line and circle practice, half circles, letters and simple words.

3. Horizons 1st Grade Phonics & Reading
    Eliminate your child's reading insecurities with a solid understanding of phonics. With the Horizons 1st Grade Phonics & Reading Set from Alpha Omega Publications, your first grader will build on concepts learned in Horizons Kindergarten Phonics & Reading and reinforce phonics rules with fast-paced, attention-grabbing lessons in two student workbooks. Memorization techniques, fun-filled activities, and practical writing assignments cover consonant and vowel sounds, consonant and vowel blends, silent e, vowel pairs, syllables, prefixes, suffixes, and more! Plus, two brightly illustrated readers polish your child's reading skills with stories and poems using words that compliment the phonics rules taught in each day's lesson. Just imagine how proud you'll be as you listen to your first grader read each story with little or no assistance from you!

4. Horizons 1st Grade Spelling & Vocabulary
    Motivate your child to be a good speller. Eye-catching lessons and hands-on learning activities in the colorful student workbook make spelling fun with crossword puzzles, word searches, and creative writing projects. Plus your child will feel more confident about writing daily assignments in other subjects as he learns to spell frequently-used words, sight words, phonetic words, and word lists containing rhyming patterns. What's more, the easy-to-use spelling dictionary will familiarize your first grader with alphabetizing and the meaning of spelling words as he sees them used within the context of a sentence.

5. Horizons PreK-2nd Grade Physical Education
    Just to be sure we are getting enought moving in and to help with that!! Last year this was a great addtion for us!! we will use it again this year!!
    Can your young child perform a two-foot landing with balance or demonstrate a circling movement with arms and other body segments? Horizons PreK-2nd Grade Physical Education from Alpha Omega Publications is a four year-in-one teacher's guide that develops your child's motor skills with fun exercises and creative movement games.

6. Horizons 1st Health
    Teach my growing little man the importance of health, is important also, We also have this. It lay a solid foundation for healthy living. lesson activities to examine topics like understanding the growing body, making healthy choices, preventing health problems, and developing safety awareness inside and outside the home.

*** We have a homeschool group that meet 4 times a months for educational fieldtrips, other times for fun.
    *** He is being enrolled in a Fencing group, he will learning the art of fencing, for P.E. they meet Once a week, for 35 min.
    *** He is also being enrolled at the Ensemble Art Acadamy. Lets hear it for Music or Voice lessons!
    *** Speech 45 min a week At Mike O'Callaghan Federal Medical Center
    *** PT and OT 30 week At Mike O'Callaghan Federal Medical Center

You my find our curriculum at https://www.aophomeschooling.com/

I hope you have a blessed day.