Nevada Law on Portfolios?
    Unregistered Guest

Default Nevada Law on Portfolios?

Hello - we are with Connections academy, but the curriculum isn't working with my ADHD kiddo. We are wanting to switch to Time4 and wondered if we need to do the portfolio?

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Nevada Law on Portfolios?

Hi, We've done Connections Academy before and if you mean the portfolios required there, Time4Learning doesn't have those. Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school, so the only thing that would be required would be what the state of Nevada regulations specify for homeschoolers. Here is the homeschool law Nevada Homeschool Laws – Nevada Homeschool Network I don't see anything about porfolios, but I'm not very familiar with it and would advise you to read through it! Good luck! Time4Learning helps relieve the stress when coming from an online public school.

Unregistered Guest

Thank you Robin - there is a bunch of stress with Connections and my little guy just can't handle it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Hi, We've done Connections Academy before and if you mean the portfolios required there, Time4Learning doesn't have those. Time4Learning is a curriculum, not a school, so the only thing that would be required would be what the state of Nevada regulations specify for homeschoolers. Here is the homeschool law Nevada Homeschool Laws – Nevada Homeschool Network I don't see anything about porfolios, but I'm not very familiar with it and would advise you to read through it! Good luck! Time4Learning helps relieve the stress when coming from an online public school.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello - we are with Connections academy, but the curriculum isn't working with my ADHD kiddo. We are wanting to switch to Time4 and wondered if we need to do the portfolio?

We left connections this year after 3 years... The portfolios were getting insane. It was mostly busy work. My friends that are still with connections are doing about 3 of them a week now (3-4 grade). It takes them days to complete. So happy with T4L, leaving connections was a great decision for us! hope it was for you too.