over welled
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cranecorinne

Thread: over welled

Unhappy over welled

Just begun and already confused and feeling over welled. My daughter is in 7th grade and have no clue where to begin... Any help any one ...?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

I'm so sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. If it helps any, I've been homeschooling 12 years and I sometimes get overwhelmed! You will have good and bad days. We all do.

Have you looked at the Homeschool Guide? If you look over to the right on this page, you will see it.

You and your daughter may just need some time to get used to the change. I can only tell you what my experience has been. As homeschoolers, we each have our way of doing things. We do what is best for our children and family. Some of us may wake up at 6 am to start school, while others sleep in a little later and may not start school until the afternoon. Some do school in 2 or 3 hours, while others may take 5 to 6. That's just an example. You will find your own normal and what works best for you and your daughter.
    When we started to consider homeschooling, I read everything I could get my hands on about homeschooling. I still google different homeschool topics and read blogs from homeschool families. I'm always learning something new. It's interesting to see how others homeschool.
    My next step was finding a homeschool support group in my area. I found several and visited them until I found the best fit for us. The homeschool families I met in my first year helped me so much.
    Just take it one day at a time. You can have your daughter follow one lesson after the other in each subject. You can both determine together how much needs to be done each day to meet your goal before the end of the year. What I do is I look at the number of lessons and spread that out throughout the year. We skip lessons that cover something my child already knows. If my child is struggling with something, we slow down and cover it again or more thoroughly. It doesn't matter to us if we finish in 9 months or 12 months. If we need to skip a day or a week, so be it.
    One of the beauties of homeschooling for us is flexibility.
    This may also be helpful for you. It's Time4Learning Hints and Tips, which may help you to navigate the site.

I don't know if this helps at all. Please don't hesitate to ask more questions.
    Janet
    Enjoying homeschooling and learning with our 3 kids, using T4L and T4W
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 03-21-2013 at 09:06 PM.

cranecorinne is offline Junior Member Newbie

How are you doing ? Have you found your way? What program are you using?? My first year that was was of my hardest struggles!! Now year 7 we are doing GREAT!! BUT TIME is the KEY!! and BREATHING!! the first year is hard, stick with it if you can!! trial and air!! yes AIR!! BREATH!!!
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.