Roll Call!

Thread: Roll Call!

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Default Roll Call!

Let's get to know each other!

What's your name?

Ages/grades of kids?

An interesting fact about you
    Last edited by crstarlette; 03-10-2010 at 02:24 AM.

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Robyn

ds 4 - preschool, ds 6 - kindergarten, ds 8 - grade 2

I don't believe having finished a degree should have to mean you are finished with higher education. I plan to continue taking classes at the local community college until I am dead or incapacitated, or until I have taken them all.

cherb619 is offline Junior Member

Homeschooling one son, age 9- 4th grade. Three other kids currently in public school - 1- 10 yr old son in 4th grade, 1- 11 year old son in 6th grade and 1 almost 16 yr. old daughter in 10th grade. Homeschooled 20 yr, old daughter from 3rd through 12th grade. If anyone is in the Northwood, NH area, we would love to meet up to go hiking or meet at a park for some fun time.

Emily Myott is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! We just made our decision to homeschool today! We have 5 kids, ages 8 5 4 3 and 1. Our 5yo is in public kindergarten, my 8yo is spending his last day in 3rd grade public school tomorrow. We aren't interesting, just homebodies and boring. We are in Manchester and know NO ONE in NH that home schools.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Emily. Welcome to T4L and homeschooling! So glad you found us. So how is it going so far? 3rd grade is a good time to start. Are you using T4L for both your 3rd grader and Kindergartener?
    Here is a link to the HSLDA New Hampshire site. If you look over to the right under New Hampshire Resources, there is a link for support groups. I also found this other link for support groups in your area. I hope you can get connected with a group.

Feel free to ask any questions. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary)

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling in NH

Hi All,
    I am moving back to New England having lived there most of my life I have to say very excited! We are moving from TX where I currently have been homeschooling my now 6 year old with the A Beka program. TX is easy just keep records for yourself no state testing, no portfolios, etc... Even though I have kept all records and being in the accredited program also have online records. I am a little nervous about what is needed and when in the NH school system as well as where to go. I have looked over the NH website and even though informative I find it a little confusing as far as who to contact and when. I am sure I will get it but if anyone has any information they can pass on I would really appreciate it. We will be moving somewhere between Rochester, and Alton, NH we are still looking for a home so no town is definite yet.

Hi everyone -

My name is Robyn. I have 2 daughters - older is 12, in 7th grade in the public school; younger is almost 10, and has just started learning @ home this yr for 5th grade.

We live in Fitzwilliam, down in the SW corner of the state. Anyone else here that lives in our corner of the world?

We are excited to try out the Time4Learning curriculum!

Zack & Cailees Mom Guest

Default New to T4L

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lori and we are in Southern Nh! I have two children Zack who is 9 and in 3rd grade and Cailee who is 6 and in Kindergarten. We are starting homeschooling and know NO ONE in our area who homeschools and would love more info on support groups.

Excited to begin our new journey!

Madebyme is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are very new here and wanted to introduce ourselves. My name is Tina my daughter is 12 until now we have unschooled so as far as her grade level it varies depending on the subject. An interesting fact about me? hmmmm...... I love to craft anything and everything. We live in Manchester and are looking for others who are in our area to meet up with from time to time. We are also new to Manchester and have only been here since Oct. of last yr. so we really don't know anyone but would like to make a few new friends as we learn our new home. I look forward to getting to know everyone as well as learning how to use T4L. My daughter tried some of the demos and was thrilled , she has been desiring more structure as far as her education and seems to truly enjoy T4L.