When do you take breaks?
    crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Default When do you take breaks?

Do you homeschool year round or do you take the summer off? Do you take breaks at the same time as the public schools in the area (spring break, winter break etc.)? Some people have a 6 weeks on, 1 week off schedule and do unit studies. What's your break schedule like?

timmysmom is offline Member

We homeschool year round and don't really take any "breaks". We find that this helps to keep him consistent with his t4l at least. If we are away from the computer too long, it is difficult to get him back on track. We even do t4l on weekends because even 2 days off, but we are still at home is too much time away. This does seem to work for us and allows for making appointments and day trips (he does not consider this to be schooling) and keep him on track.
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Ah! I tried to reply before, but wouldn't you know it, as soon as I finished typing a response some sort of error occured. Anyway. Yep, I have trouble getting my kids back on track after a break too, but they get them anyway. Sometimes it's unplanned, like we're just really busy with something else for a week or so, and sometimes it goes along with the public schools. If all the neighborhood kids are outside playing, I'm bound to let my kids out too. We just try to squeeze in whatever we can before the neighborhood kids knock on the door and after they go home. We homeschool year round too, but we usually take it easy in the summer.