beginning mid year
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mandy in TN

Thread: beginning mid year

amf

Default beginning mid year

Due to health problems, I had to withdraw my son from first grade last week. He was half way through the third nine weeks. Is there a way to skip to the curriculum that we would be using at this point during the year, without beginning at the beginning? He was in the first grade, but doing second grade work. When I give him material from 2nd grade, it is too easy and he is bored. I bumped him up to the 3rd grade lessons, and they are too difficult.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Sure, for math, LA, and LAx, you could just give tests/ quizzes until you reach something that he doesn't know. When you hit something he doesn't know, then use the lessons. At that grade there is so little science and social studies that you could just use it all and call it review. You could also skip it for the rest of the year or use something else. T4L is a curriculum not a principal of a school. Use it however works best for you.
    HTH-
    Mandy
    savedbygrace likes this.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Hi Mandy,
    We are new to Homeschool too. Due to health issues and school issues, our daughter, 8, second grade, is homeschooling with Time4Learning. We love it. It is helping me too!!! She is going through math from the beginning because she has problems with some of it. We started in Feb. Your advice is very helpful. Carol