Can the schedule carry over?
    BamMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Can the schedule carry over?

Hi. I've looked for this info and don't see it anywhere so I'm hopeful someone can tell me. I'm having a hard time with the schedule I have been making my kids using the scheduling program. I first started off by making a schedule for 2 weeks but found out that it doesn't seem to carry the lessons that didn't get finished the first week into the second week. So, they have to go back to the previous week on the activity schedule to see what didn't get done. Is there a way to have the schedules automatically carry over what didn't get done? That would be an awesome feature.

When I started making the schedule for just one week, I have to go look at what they didn't have marked done and start from there. However, it never shows on the schedule where I said to start. It always starts way ahead of where they are. Very confusing to them as well as me.

If I don't do a schedule, then they will just do one or two lessons of each subject and I know they will not finish up all the work by the end of the school year.

So, how are others using the schedule and what seems to work for you? Suggestions please.

BamMom

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I make a schedule for the year. Each week, on the weekend, I go in to the scheduler and access that week's schedule. I assign a day to each activity for that week. Then, I print the schedule.

They use this paper copy to check off what they do with a pencil. If they don't get to something, or if there is something I want them to do again, I highlight it on the schedule. When I print next week's schedule, I paperclip last week's (with the leftover assignments highlighted) to it.

If you find the scheduler confusing, know that Time4Learning families did without a schedule for many years. They simply looked at the number of activities in each subject and divided that by the number of days in their school year. Then, they told their student, "Do two language arts, three social studies, two math, and three science activities per day."

To find the "next" activity in the sequence, log in to a subject (such as math). That's "opening the math book". Click on the first icon that does not have a checkmark. That is "finding the chapter". You willl be taken to another page of icons. Click on the first one that does not have a checkmark. That is "finding the lesson". You will be taken to another page of icons. Click on the first one that does not have a checkmark. You will be taken to a lesson activity, and that is the one to do "next" in that subject. If you are going to do more than one lesson activity, start the process again, right from clicking on the subject icon. Don't forget to take quizzes and tests after finishing each "page" of icons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

kmizell is offline Junior Member

I just started this program last month with my daughter (she loves it!). I personally make her schedule monthly, and every Sat. I will print her weekly activity log and her attendance report. This helps me make sure she does in fact have all her assignments completed or not. It is also is good for the BOE reviews we have to do 2x a year. Hope this helps!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That's a great idea. If there's one thing I've learned from years of homeschooling, it's that it doesn't pay to plan too far in advance.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!