Feeling Discouraged
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robin

Thread: Feeling Discouraged

F3 Academy is offline Junior Member

Default Feeling Discouraged

Hey peeps!!
    So, there are about two more months of school for my daughter to complete her Freshman year. Obviously the curriculum shows the entire years work. How do I know what to assign her to finish out the year? Its hard to pick and choose. And I have no idea what she has already 'learned'.
    And if what if she has really done crappy before homeschool and DIDN'T learn what she should have in school? I don't want her to repeat 9th grade. She repeated kindergarten so is already a year behind her age group. What would you do? I don't want to assign her 10 hours a day of school lol. I'm just really struggling.
    And if WERE to pick and choose assignments...... how long is an assignment? Would you assign a certain amount of time or certain number of lessons?
    Please help me. If I sound desperate or like I don't know what I'm doing, you are right.
    Wanna get on track,
    Shannon

Robin is offline Senior Member

Smile

Hi, Shannon! You could have her go in and just take the chapter tests to see what she can pass, and then have her start there. My daughter was in the 10th grade, but I had her take English 1, because it was different from what she had done in the 9th grade. Since it's high school level, you can still keep her in her current grade because the courses aren't assigned a grade level. If she's interested in college, look at what the college requires (usually listed on their website). They may say, 4 years of English, which may include, American Lit, Composition + Grammar, British Lit and something else. You can flesh out her transcript later. If it were me, I'd probably just move her to the next grade level, giving her credit for what she did in 9th grade, unless she was failing the classes.
    bailbrae likes this.