form for obtaining a learners permit.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015

    Default form for obtaining a learners permit.

    Does anyone know where I would obtain a form to show attendance in order for my 15 year old to get his learners permit? Never have had to worry about this with reg high school. Thanks in advance for any info.

  2. #2
    lovehmschlg's Avatar
    lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012


    What state are you in?
    Are they aware you are a homeschooling family? The DMV may have a form for homeschoolers. Texas has a Verification of Enrollment and Attendance form.

    We live in Florida and we didn't need to show anything related to school.
    I found this for the state of Georgia, it may apply for your state:

    If your child is applying for their license, they will need to present a current Declaration of Intent (2015/2016) which contains a 36 unique character digital parent signature as proof of attendance.
    Take a paper copy of this new Declaration of Intent containing your 36 character digital parent signature to your local Department of Driver's Services office when applying for a learner's permit or license.
    Additionally, you will need to provide a birth certificate or passport, something that documents your residence (bills, voided check).
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

  3. #3
    hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Blog Entries


    In my state (Oregon), the DMV gave me a form to take to the homeschool office in our school district for them to fill out. Since we are required to notify the school district when we decide to homeschool, they have a little info on our kids. All the form wanted was name, date of birth, and a signature indicating we were homeschooling legally.

    Since every state's homeschool laws are different, what is needed for a driver's license or leaner's permit is probably different, too. I would start by asking at the DMV.

    Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts