Is it a good idea to switch programs?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Is it a good idea to switch programs?

LauraFaulkner is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is it a good idea to switch programs?

I homeschooled my daughter last year for the first time. We completed 7th grade so will be moving on to 8th. We used the Keystone program. Thinking about trying a different program. Is this a good idea???? Afraid to go from one program to another. Keystone was a "read to learn" program and my daughter would like to try a more virtual type or dvd type. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Laura

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Laura, and welcome! While I can totally relate to your concerns about switching programs, I will say that trial and error can play a huge part of most homeschools, lol. Especially if what you're using right now isn't really working.

Time4Learning's online homeschool curriculum could definitely be worth a shot for your daughter! It's interactive, and because it's all online, there is nothing to download and install. You can use it from most any device with an internet connection, 24/7. The great thing...you pay monthly, so you're not locked into a contract, nor do you have to buy a year's worth of material at once. My boys are in grades 6 and 11, and my 11th grader has been using Time4Learning since 2nd grade. It really works for us!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

It's called being an eclectic homeschooler! Use one thing one year, another the next, different programs for different kids, parts of one program and parts of another . . . depending on your child's needs. I think it's a pity NOT to switch if something isn't working out as well as you'd like.
    bailbrae likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!