help I dont know what to do.
    mrscooper is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default help I dont know what to do.

I need help. I am wanting to homeschool my 4th grader. We live in ky. I have no idea how to get started. I want to do this asap. Please if anyone can help me I would be grateful. How do I get going , pick curriculum, do I have to order books/supplies if so how and where, do I just sign up and they send what I need? I am so lost and cant find the information I need.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. You might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Each state has its own homeschool laws. They vary greatly. Here is information about homeschooling in Kentucky.

As far as choosing curriculum . . . of course I will recommend T4L as your core! I've used it for my own kids since 2006. We add things like penmanship, arts and crafts, Scouting and 4H, etc. Since you are the teacher of record, you can use any curriculum you want . . . and there is lots to choose from. That's why it's great to start with a program like T4L that includes all the basics (math, language, science, and social studies).

Time4Learning doesn't send you anything. The lessons are online. If you're more comfortable with paper books, there are many homeschool book publishers out there. Most of them will let you order books for just one subject or you can purchase a "kit" that has everything they suggest for a grade level.

Do explore the Welcome to Homeschooling guide.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

robin.popham is offline Junior Member

Hi, just wanted to let you know I just started with my daughter this August. She is also in the fourth grade. I really like the Time for Learning program. My daughter has ADD so she can't concentrate for long periods of time. This is great for us. Some days are a challenge for me and I guess for her as well. Over all we both enjoy our time together. I do feel on some days can I do this but I know we all feel this way. We substitute her math because she struggles in that area and we are going back to try to pick that up. This is a great way for my family.