Homeschool name?
    Jennifer Mookie Nichols is offline Junior Member

Default Homeschool name?

Just curious - what did you name your school and why did you choose it?

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

Nope, we just say we're homeschooling. My son is NOT attending "the Academy of Mom" or anything like that.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

Carriekaye is offline Junior Member

I named our homeschool: The Treviso Home-School.
    My daughter just got her drivers license, and to get the good student discount, I had to put down a school name. I have a girlfriend who's gotten a lot of grief from the insurance company because she just keeps telling them the teen driver is homeschooled and there's no school name. They won't give her the good-student discount. So, to avoid the hassle, I named the school and put it on our insurance. We get the good student discount without any questions! Treviso is the name of the community we live in... and sounded as good as anything else.

angeleyes1307 is offline Member

It is actually a requirement in NC to name the homeschool. I haven't decided yet, since my son is only 6 and the legal requirements don't kick in till he is 7. I have a year to figure it out. I am interested in following this thread. (Though, I did search the local county's registered home schools and found "jedi academy of learning")

bbooth is offline Member

We are not required to name our school in Virginia, so I've never thought about a name. This does sound like a cute idea though!

lapiercy is offline Junior Member Newbie

There are a number of situations where it may benefit you to have a name for your school. Good student discounts for insurance and other things is one. We live in a state where we issue High School transcripts for our children and having a school name on the transcript other than just homeschooling or "Last Name" Homeschool helps blend your student's transcript in with students from other educational backgrounds. Their transcript doesn't have to scream "homeschooler". Giving your homeschool a name can also be a neat family building opportunity. We chose a name for our school that reflected our family values and the goals we have for our kids, which by the way include a lot of things not reflected in a typical academic program. It was another way that we were able to reinforce our family values with our children.