Homeschooling anxieties, is it normal?
    whitewisdom is offline Junior Member

Default Homeschooling anxieties, is it normal?

Hi parents,

We are new to homeschooling and just finished the Fall Semester. And honestly, it was one hell of a ride. It was really hard - I got overwhelmed with all everything.

Actually, we are doing independent homeschooling. So I am doing all the prep, lessons, activities - which are relatively guided by resources. I am learning different approaches and testing the waters. I feel tired, pressured, worried. And I feel I am not doing my best as a mom, the more my anxieties are building up.

Co-parents, have you experienced the same? Is this normal? Any tips on how to handle?

I would appreciate whatever thoughts you wanna share. Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeschooling anxieties, is it normal?

Welcome to the forum!

Homeschooling anxiety is completely normal, especially when you're thrown into it without notice. Kudos to you both for making the best of a very difficult situation. Many of us planned to homeschool and had years to learn our states' laws, explore curriculum, and "practice" on our preschoolers. I can only imagine what it would be like to be an "accidental homeschooler."

That's the term Time4Learning coined years ago for people who were homeschooling due to circumstances beyond their control Here's a page about that. Hopefully you can find some support there, as well as giving and getting support on this forum. Accidental Homeschooler

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

whitewisdom is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Homeschooling anxieties, is it normal?

Thank you, it's actually a big help.

Maybe, its a good idea to set boundaries to create own space. Being at home 24/7 with the children can feel overwhelming.