Looking for information on homeschooling my 14 year old son
    Frustrated dad Guest

Default Looking for information on homeschooling my 14 year old son

I am a single father/small business owner. My 14 year old son has attitude, doesn't care about anything, and is failing 8th grade right now. I am looking to start homeschooling him. I have informed him that if I do so, he will also have a steady workload of both school and working at the family business to help me make up for the hours I am losing due to having to instruct him. How do I get started and what is the best way for a busy single parent such as myself?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there. I would suggest browsing through this free ebook first -- lots of tips and advice there: Welcome to Homeschooling Guide

Since you're on the Time4Learning forum, it's probably no surprise that I'm going to recommend you try Time4Learning. I will say that it's a terrific homeschool curriculum. All online (nothing to download or install), and it takes care of the lesson planning and report keeping for you. At the 8th grade level, your son should be able to log on and work independently, but you can always be there with him if you need to.

Good luck with everything. Definitely poke around the other boards here, and see what info/questions/answers you can find. Also, if you look to the right of this thread, you'll see a map of the US. Click on your state and you'll be directed to a state specific board where you can try and find more homeschooling info and connect with other homeschoolers near you.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!