Making transcripts and calculating gpa
    theredwitch04 is offline Junior Member

Default Making transcripts and calculating gpa

Ok the way I understand it I multiply the number of letter grades (A's, B's, etc) by the points they are worth = quality points. The quality units is the number of A's, B's, etc. and you divide points by units to get GPA. Here is my question: My semesters are 4 mo long so there are 4 scores in each subject but you only record the ending score on the transcript so do I add up the ending scores or the monthly scores to calculate GPA? The difference would be that there are 7 B's total through 4 months as apposed to 2 B's total on transcript.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I haven't calculated GPA yet, but I would take the 4 semester grades and average those for each subject. Then take those subject averages to calculate GPA. Hopefully some of the other high schoolers here will chime in with their experiences too. You can also check out the T4L High School Facebook group.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Robin is offline Senior Member

I used the final grade for each subject to calculate the GPA.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com . The page in that link goes directly to their page about preparing transcripts . . . great info!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!