My 8th Grade Son
    Pinkflower123 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default My 8th Grade Son

Hello,
    We are new to T4L ...........My Son is 8th grade. How are the Students staying on Task here ? My Son came from a Public School and just was not happy there anymore and not doing well w/ his grades
    Who signs forms from the public school stating that my Son really attends T4L? Do you really recommend T4L ?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Pinkflower. Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record. Homeschool parents follow the homeschool laws in their own state of residence, and they are responsible for keeping their students on task and overseeing their education.

Online schools follow the school laws in the school's state and someone besides the parent oversees the child's education.

Since Time4Learning is not a school, a student can't "attend". There is a letter of membership within the parent login account that you can print if you need to prove that you have signed up to receive access to Time4Learning lessons.

Each state has its own homeschool laws. They are all different. It is important to understand the difference between attending an online school (which many people mistakenly call "homeschooling", because the work is done at school) and actual homeschooling (where the parent is the teacher).

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!