Need help getting started
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Need help getting started

Tmelancon is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Need help getting started

My daughter has always been in traditional schooling. She is a junior in high school and has nine credits left to receive her diploma. I have already filled out her application and was approved for her to start but I donít know where to go from here to actually sign her up. Does she have to follow a virtual class or can she take subjects on her own and if she can are there any places that donít charge or donít charge that much ? TIA

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help getting started

Hi. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where you filled out an application for her to start, what she will be starting, and where you want to actually sign her up.

This is the parent forum for families who are using Time4Learning, an online homeschool curriculum. Anyone can sign up for a membership to receive access to the curriculum at any time. Each state has its own homeschool laws and they are all very different. Time4Learning encourages you to follow the homeschool laws in your state, but they do not oversee that.

It is important to understand the difference between enrolling in an online school (which many people mistakenly think of or refer to as "homeschooling") and actually homeschooling. Time4Learning is for homeschooling. Online schools are responsible for following the school laws in the school's state. Homeschool parents are responsible for following the homeschool laws in the student's state of residence. School laws and homeschool laws are very, very different.

You might be interested in the free Welcome to Homeschooling guide. Also, here is a visual tour of how the Time4Learning curriculum works. Finally, here are some demo lessons for you to look at.

Much luck to you as you make decisions for your child!
    Robin likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!