Need some information
    robinj6976 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Need some information

I will be homeschooling my 3 younger children this year. The ages are 6 and twins that are 7. They all have I.E.P.'s and one is autistic. I have spent a lot of time online looking for information I am just unsure if I am able to homeschool? If anyone can help me get through starting the process> I decided to homeschool because I was very unhappy with the elementary school in my area. Thank you

SandyKC is offline Junior Member

HI there.. Sorry I didn't see your post until now! My DS was on an IEP when we began, and we were similarly unhappy with our school, so we pulled our boys out. TRULY, homeschooling can be AWESOME for a child with learning issues.. You might find our story traveling the road to academic success to be encouraging. I wrote about a lot of the benefits we found in homeschooling in Overcome Your Fear of Homeschooling.. There were so many benefits I had NOT expected when we started, and believe me--I was shaking in my shoes because I was unsure of my ability to homeschool. It was absolutely, 100% THE BEST decision we could have made on behalf of our boys!!