New homeschooling mom
    Unregistered Guest

Default New homeschooling mom

Hi I'm Brandi
    We are trying this for the first time. My 7 year old has some medical issues that caused us to make this change. I really would like to find other parents in the Desoto county area in her age group to get to know. I am also looking for advise for a first time mom trying to figure this all out.
    Thanks in Advance, Brandi

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Brandi.
    Welcome to Time4Learning and to homeschooling. We've been using T4L for a few years. My daughter has been progressing very well with this curriculum and she's really enjoying learning. It's so helpful for us that she can work at different grade levels for different subjects and that she can work at her own pace.

Since you're new to homeschooling, I think this Welcome to Homeschool Guide will be very helpful for you. It was written by several veteran homeschool moms who are members of Time4Learning. And another link I want to share with you is Helps and Hints for new Time4Learning users. That link should help you with things like changing grade levels, using your daughter's progress report, and more.

Lastly, you may want to introduce yourself at the Time4Learning Texas forum. Also, have you looked into finding a homeschool group in your area? You could just use Google to search for "homeschool support groups Desoto, Texas", or contact your state homeschooling association. I can tell you that our homeschool group has activities, co-op classes, field trips and events throughout the year. We even have our own high school yearbook.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. You'll find moms and dads are very helpful here.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 08-09-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass