New to homeschooling. Standardized testing suggestions for 6th grader?

Default New to homeschooling. Standardized testing suggestions for 6th grader?

Hi everyone - We're new to homeschooling our 6th grade daughter and are starting mid-year. Our notice of intent is being mailed out today. We hope to withdraw from school this week. I am concerned about standardized testing in May or June. Suggestions and opinions please?

Thanks so much!

HSandASD is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

I don't know if you've found Homeschooling Guide - How to Homeschool - Homeschool Law, Testing in Virginia - Homeschool Curriculum Books - Homeschool Groups | VaHomeschoolers yet, it's a great resource. I wish I'd have pulled my son out mid-year, we rode out sixth grade and it's taken me months to get him interested in learning again.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Amburn, I'm not sure if you will have standardized tests in your state. You might check with your state forum to see if they can provide you with that information. Remember that changing from one form of education to another will probably mean a transition time. Some call it decompression time. Things may take a couple of days to weeks for your child to adapt to a new way of educating. Be patient, and I wish you all the best. Let us know how things go for your family!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!