Thinking of switching to home school
    Unregistered Guest

Question Thinking of switching to home school

I was just wondering if anyone could answer a couple questions. I am considering switching my daughter to home school but I didn't know if being home schooled required a parent to be home full time with the student. I am a single mother and I work 5 days a week, so I am a little apprehensive about letting my 15 year old stay home and do work on her own for the few hours that I would be away. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. It depends on the student. Some can do their work independently and some can't (or won't ). Although each state has its own homeschool laws, I'm not aware of any that require a parent's actual presence at all times.

Time4Learning is designed to be done independently by the student. The program grades all of the online work (which is most of it). It also grades quizzes and tests. Parents need to grade the occasional worksheet and writing assignments. T4L provides answer keys for worksheets and detailed grading guides for writing assignments. You woul also want to be available after work to help with anything she didn't understand (much like the parent of a student in traditional school helps with homework).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!