Transitioning from public to homeschool at end of the year... HELP!
    ebmgirl70 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Transitioning from public to homeschool at end of the year... HELP!

My daughter is currently finishing up her last year in public but we are moving at the beginning of April. Instead of moving her to a different public school to finish out this school year, I want to go ahead and transition her into homeschool. I don't know how this will effect her at the end of the year or if there are any different requirements or process since they only have a few months left of this school year. Can anyone give me any advice or guidance? Thank you in advance.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Transitioning from public to homeschool at end of the year... HELP!

Hi and welcome! That will likely depend on the state you are moving to. I would check out their homeschooling laws.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum.

Each state has its own homeschool laws. I would visit your new state's Department of Education website to learn their homeschool laws. Be sure you are looking at HOMESCHOOL laws and not school laws, as they are very different.

You might be interested in this video about beginning to homeschool mid-year.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

CassandraFaith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! I'm in the same boat. We just de-registered my daughter from her public school (bullying problems and a terrible school) and I am trying to figure out where to start her on T4L. I actually homeschooled her in 1st grade, but we started at the beginning of the year. I am looking at her old work and finding out where she was in school and then looking at the curriculum on here and having her do the work she hasnt done. What's great about T4L is that you can design your own lesson plans so that is a tremendous help! Even though, as its been mentioned, each state has its own rules regarding the homeschooling. My state requires 900 hours and at least 4 hours a day of equivalent instruction. It doesnt really require much else, so the schooling/curriculum is up to me. I am also supplementing art, computers, health, and the state required practice tests (in case we do return to traditional schooling). I believe you can get your school's curriculum if you ask them or the local board of education and use that to see what's left for your child to learn this school year. Good luck!

jese.beard is offline Junior Member

Hi! Welcome to this forum. Try to check the laws of your state for homeschools.