Vacations and holiday breaks
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 1 Post By cj1969

Thread: Vacations and holiday breaks

babychick37180 is offline Junior Member

Default Vacations and holiday breaks

Hello. I did the detailed plan but there is no time for vacation or holidays. Does it go at our own speed or am I suppose to build it in? Is there a problem if we don't get done what the week shows that needs to be done. I hope that makes sense.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vacations and holiday breaks

You can add weeks off as you are creating the plan. You can also go back in and edit your plan, adding weeks off.

The plan shows you how many subjects to do per week. If you just want to take a day or two off during the week, you will plan to do more work on "school days" that week.

If you go in after your plan is made and assign certain activities to certain days (which I do each weekend just for the upcoming week), you can just leave that day off your plan.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I understand. What worries me that I get behind since I already did a detailed plan and didn't add for seasonal breaks? Will I mess anything up? Or is this kind of a guide I know what comes next? Is there any penalties if we don't go as fast as it says. He is starting very slow. As long as we do the whole curriculum by June is everything ok? I'm sorry just need help this is new to me.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, not a school. YOU, the parent, are the teacher. The tools are to help you plan. You don't even need to use them if they cause you more stress than they're worth.

The detailed plan is great if you're pretty sure your plans won't change. If you want more flexibility, just use the curriculum calculator and tell your child to do "two math, two language arts, one science and one social studies" per day (or other amounts that the curriculum comes up with). That way, if you skip a day, you don't have a schedule to get messed up.

You don't have to do the whole curriculum by June. Many homeschoolers only do part of the curriculum, skipping lessons they already know or don't feel are important to their student. Many homeschool through the summer or take two years for each level. It is all up to you.

Starting slow is GREAT. Gives him a chance to get his feet wet.
    cj1969 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you so much made me feel so much better.

cj1969 is offline Junior Member

This is so helpful. Glad I read it. I have been pushing the kids to get so many lessons done each day to finish all of them by June. And we got a late start. I am going to use this information to reorganize their lessons and lighten the load on them and on me. It will lessen the stress for everyone. Thank you so much.