very confused

Thread: very confused

trishtreeann is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default very confused

i have been home schooling my son since november 2013 and i have used some outside workbooks and worksheets to work along with t4l but i feel im not doing a great job teaching him . not sure if im covering things enough. any suggestions or help

mns473k is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by trishtreeann View Post
    i have been home schooling my son since november 2013 and i have used some outside workbooks and worksheets to work along with t4l but i feel im not doing a great job teaching him . not sure if im covering things enough. any suggestions or help
    After setting up a curriculum that works well for you and your child, I would suggest letting your child lead the way. If your child seems to accept the material and is interested in learning more, I would include more. Maybe add some critical thinking activities, at least in the areas that your child shows interest. If your child seems to be struggling, slow down a bit to see exactly why and go from there. Include something fun especially on area of trouble to create an interest.

Usually my girls play I Spy when we go to the doctor's office. My two girls love to argue and both hate history. I had them research a history topic and let them "debate" their point of view while we were waiting in the doctor's office. Then I led them into the readings to further research and enforce what they were learning. Neither of them even realized what there were doing was "homework" and thought it to be a game.
    Surprisingly, I found a way to turn a negative act into a positive learning experience.

Alexklaschools is offline Junior Member

HI, you are doing homeschooling which is a great job, through T4L is better option, but you should consult some preschool teachers for the right path of teaching, T4L will help you in these kind of worksheets and other bookish material,, but be in touch with teachers, i hope so that will help.

SandyKC is offline Junior Member

Are you having him work through the T4L lessons systematically, in order, so as to cover everything? When we started, my DS was prone to picking whatever caught his eye initially and it made for a somewhat disconnected learning experience. Once we started following the progression systematically, things went better. Some of that also depends upon how old your DS is or if there are special needs where supplementation may be needed. If you're covering the main academic skills and subjects (reading, writing (spelling, composition, grammar), math, science and social studies/history, then you should be fine.