Anyone in South Jersey area?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KathiP is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Anyone in South Jersey area?

Hi, I am new here. I am seriously considering homeschooling for my daughter, 13 y/o with Down syndrome. I am interested in whether there are others here in the South Jersey area and if so, what kind of activities they participate in as part of a group, outside of the home. Thanks!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Kathi. I am also Kathi. Unfortunately we live on the other end of the state in Bergen County. If you check out this link there are some groups in South Jersey. New Jersey Homeschool Hangout covers the whole state but most of the activities are in the Northern part. My son is almost 10 years old. We are involved in so many activities we barely have any time at home. Tomorrow we are going strawberry picking at Alstede's Farm in Chester. Thursday we have a class at Historic Speedwell. Friday we go to the Montclair Art Museum. So you can see we are all over the place. We have many special needs kids in our homeschool group. I'm sure you'll find a great group near you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

KathiP is offline Junior Member Newbie

What you are describing is exactly what I am hoping to find in my area too for next school year -- some outside enrichment activities for my daughter to participate in with a consistent group of friends. I will check out the link you posted, thanks!

Blog Entries

Hope there's a great group near you. Let me know what you find. Also check out yahoo groups.

JaniceO is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello, I am also new to my area. We are currently homeschooling our 12 year old son with Down Syndrome. We live near Atlantic City. Did you decide to homeschool your daughter? Where do you live in South Jersey? Hope to hear from you. Janice

Blog Entries

Hi Janice. It's so nice to meet you. Feel free to check out the link above for groups that are local to you.

Christen Guest

I am in South Jersey- Gloucester County.

Blog Entries

Hi Christen. It's so nice to meet you. Please feel free to ask any questions that you find along the way. You may also be interested in the Special Needs Forum.

ShiaT Guest

Default South Jersey Home Schoolers

Quote Originally Posted by Christen View Post
    I am in South Jersey- Gloucester County.
    Hi,
    We live in Camden County. We have an 8 yr old son and 11 daughter. I am also looking to join a group or to start one.

Blog Entries

Hi ShiaT. Welcome to the group. If you check out this link you will find some support groups throughout the state. Perhaps one of them is close to you. Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast