coming to the end of the year

Default coming to the end of the year

I'm so scared hope we did well we started we started timeforlearning in oct 2016 so I'm allowing my son to go to july 18 the which would make up the time we missed school started in sept so i just wanted him to make up the time just hoping we made it cause i want to pass him on to the 8 grade

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: coming to the end of the year

Hi, Cindy. These days, students usually "pass" to the next grade, even if they have different abilities in each subject. For example, a fifth grade student may be doing third grade math and seventh grade language arts. (That was my daughter a few years back, and she's now about to very successfully complete her third year of college. )

Most homeschool families consider their students to be "in" the grade that corresponds to their age.

Don't be scared! I know we parents sometimes feel like it's OUR ability as a teacher that's being tested when it's time to assess our student's progress.

It sounds like you've thought things through carefully, so try to relax. The middle school years are a terrific opportunity to play catch-up before high school.

Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!