In Cumberland County--ANYONE ELSE
    Denise5555 Guest

Cool In Cumberland County--ANYONE ELSE

Hello Everyone...
    I have been home-schooling my daughter and the entire time I have been looking for groups to join for not only her but also for me and I have not had ANY luck at all!!! I was wondering if there are any families close to Cumberland County that would be interested in forming a group (I would even be available to help a whole lot with it!) or if anyone is aware of any groups in my area or the surrounding areas could you PLEASE give me their information. I am very serious about joining a group and also VERY serious about forming a group of our own if there is not a group in our area. I am a stay at home mother so I have tons of time (in between my daughter's lessons) to be involved and help as much as possible!! I can be reached at [email protected], I really look forward to hearing from YOU with any input you may have.... Thanks again!!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Geography has never been my best subject. I'm not sure where Cumberland County is. I'm in Bergen County. NJ Homeschool Hangout is a great group that covers the whole state. Unfortunately most of their activities are in Bergen/Passaic/Essex County. GECHO is Essex County is another great group. NJHH is a meetup group. GECHO is a yahoo group. If you look in one of the first two or three threads on this forum there are some links to all over the state.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

cyn4given Guest

Thumbs up Also in Cumberland

I live in Cumberland but am still in a group in Atlantic County because we lived there and my oldest graduated from there. I know other homeschoolers in Cumberland but some are in Salem County groups. The high school kids we know aren't in groups. One is using Time 4 Learning and another uses other curriculum. We are returning this year to time4learning high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise5555 View Post
    Hello Everyone...
    I have been home-schooling my daughter and the entire time I have been looking for groups to join for not only her but also for me and I have not had ANY luck at all!!! I was wondering if there are any families close to Cumberland County that would be interested in forming a group (I would even be available to help a whole lot with it!) or if anyone is aware of any groups in my area or the surrounding areas could you PLEASE give me their information. I am very serious about joining a group and also VERY serious about forming a group of our own if there is not a group in our area. I am a stay at home mother so I have tons of time (in between my daughter's lessons) to be involved and help as much as possible!! I can be reached at [email protected], I really look forward to hearing from YOU with any input you may have.... Thanks again!!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Try talking to your children's librarian at your local library. They usually know who the homeschoolers are in the area since we spend so much time at the library. Put up notices on the bulletin board at the supermarket and maybe the laundromat. Anywhere that has a community bulletin board. A good support group is vital to homeschool success in my opinion. Mom needs the support and the kids need the friends.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota