Do you have someone about to graduate this year?
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Do you have someone about to graduate this year?

It's almost the end of the school year for many of us. I was wondering if anyone had any special announcements you want to share with the rest of us. Do you have someone graduating this year? Has one of your children reached a particular goal? Any special accomplishments you want to mention? We love to offer congratulations to them. Please share about your homeschool year.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy homeschool in NJ Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    It's almost the end of the school year for many of us. I was wondering if anyone had any special announcements you want to share with the rest of us. Do you have someone graduating this year? Has one of your children reached a particular goal? Any special accomplishments you want to mention? We love to offer congratulations to them. Please share about your homeschool year.
    I am new to homeschooling and have no idea where to start. I have a sophomore that I want to homeschool, but it seems that there are few homeschooled high schoolers ? Please point me in the right direction , as I have no idea where to begin. Thanks , Michaeline

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

There are a lot of teens who take classes at their local community college. Some also use the online schools like Laurel Springs. Others just make up their own curriculum as they go along focusing on the things that most interest the teen. What part of the state are you in? I know there are several teens in New Jersey Homeschool Hangout. Mostly in Bergen and Passaic Counties. I think Green Valley Homeschoolers has a lot of teens as well. My son plays soccer in Edison. There are quite a few teens in that group. And there are several teens who bowl in Boonton. I think they are mostly from Green Valley.

NJ Homeschool Hangout is a meetup group. Green Valley is a yahoo group. I hope this gives you some place to start.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota