Getting Started

Thread: Getting Started

StudyIsland Guest

Question Getting Started

I decided to home school my two 9th grade children but am not sure how to go about creating a curriculum and getting the actual materials needed to accomplish the job. I have gone to the library and picked a few books up but really donít feel like thatís the right direction. Any suggestions on how to get started? Thanks

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling. We are in our sixth year of homeschooling now.

Some people use a formal curriculum. Others go by what their children are most interested in. Many families in New Jersey unschool, which is totally child lead learning. And their are families that fall anywhere in between. Let's Homeschool Highschool is a great resource for someone beginning this journey. Also I would suggest getting involved with a local homeschool support group. I don't know what part of the state you are in but New Jersey Homeschool Hangout has several teen members. Also the Green Valley homeschoolers has a number of teens. This link includes several different groups throughout the state. Please stop back and let us know how you are doing. Also let us know if you have any questions we can help with.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota