Hi! Looking for homeschooling families to connect with in Union county
    jolie m is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hi! Looking for homeschooling families to connect with in Union county

Hi! I am a homeschooling my 7 year old and am looking for groups or homeschool families to connect with in Union county or the surrounding area. I home schooled my son who is now 18 and we didn't connect with other kids or families and it was hard for him, so this time I am working on making those connections for my daughter and myself! Homeschool parent's need support too! You can email me at [email protected] if you have a group or would like to connect or I can check back here on the thread! Have a great rest of the summer!

Thanks!
    Joel M. (Mrs.) Some people think because of the spelling I'm a guy..so just put the Mrs,,

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Joel. It's so nice to meet you. Here is a link to some New Jersey Homeschool Resources. There are several support groups listed. I see in my email this morning that you have found your way to NJ Homeschool Hangout. It is a great group with many many activities. The GECHO group is another really good one that is close to you. You might also try Green Valley Homeschoolers. Wonderful people, lots of activities. There is a weekly park day through the GECHO group in Montclair. That might be a great way to meet others. There are also so many classes offered throughout the area. I especially like Cooper Grist Mill in Chester and Historic Speedwell in Morristown. We go to most of their classes. During the school year there is a monthly program at Montclair Art Museum. After the art class the kids like to play on the museum lawn. This gives the parents some time to spend together as well as play time for the kids.

I hope you find lots of new friends to connect with. I find it is almost more important for me to get together with other parents than it is for my son to play with friends.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

hotdog49 Guest

[QUOTE=fairylover;41695]Hi Joel. It's so nice to meet you. Here is a link to some New Jersey Homeschool Resources. There are several support groups listed. I see in my email this morning that you have found your way to NJ Homeschool Hangout. It is a great group with many many activities. The GECHO group is another really good one that is close to you. You might also try Green Valley Homeschoolers. Wonderful people, lots of activities. There is a weekly park day through the GECHO group in Montclair. That might be a great way to meet others. There are also so many classes offered throughout the area. I especially like Cooper Grist Mill in Chester and Historic Speedwell in Morristown. We go to most of their classes. During the school year there is a monthly program at Montclair Art Museum. After the art class the kids like to play on the museum lawn. This gives the parents some time to spend together as well as play time for the kids.

I hope you find lots of new friends to connect with. I find it is almost more important for me to get together with other parents than it is for my son to play with friends.[/

Kathy, I did find my way around to the homeschool hangout and am trying to just do my best to make connections. This is so helpful having you steer me in the right direction! I know my daughter will love the classes and I so agree with you that I need the time to get together with other parents as well as she needs the playtime! Thank you for all the great advise! Hope to meet you soon!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Glad to be able to help. Please let me know if you have any other questions I can answer. Or at least try to answer.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota