Do you have a lot of special activities planned for this busy holiday season? Our homeschool group is having a party on the 18th. There are 51 people signed up for the party and another 10 on the waiting list who didn't get their rsvp's in on time. I'm really excited about going to that. We missed so many activities over the summer. I love being able to get together with our group.

We are going to see the Gingerbread House display at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in Whippany next Wednesday. The display is open all week and admission is only $1.00. We love going as a group. The children all choose their favorite house. And they get to vote for it too. It's fun looking up which house won at the end of the display. Even more fun if it was your house that won.

This Saturday is a Dickenson Christmas at Historic Speedwell. The Vail home will be decorated as it was in 1843. They will also have 1900 century crafts available for the kids to do. Admission is $6.00 for adults and $4.00 for children.

The following Saturday on December 12, we will be going to the Beczak Environmental Center in Yonkers. The kids will go on a beach scavenger hunt, then create holiday ornaments with their treasures while sipping hot cocoa by the fire. We are going to the 11:00 class. But there is another one at 1:00. The cost is only $5.00 per child. We love their classes so much. They are having another workshop on Decemeber 19 for making holiday gifts. It runs from 11:00 to 3:00.

I know there are a lot of other fun things going on in our area this month. The Santa Train ride, other parties, tree decorating. What are you going to be doing this month to celebrate the Winter Holiday of Your Choice?

Kathi