Homeschool Outings
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Homeschool Outings

Recently I posted about the homeschool day at Liberty Science Center. Another mom on this list was at LSC that day, but hadn't read my post so she didn't know we were there. I thought it might be a good idea to post places we are going so that we could meet each other in person. I know that someone in Bergen County is probably not going to be able to drive to Hunterdon County to meet with someone. But maybe we could meet with others in our area.

We are going to the Mayo Center for the Arts in Morristown on December 7th to see Junie B Jones. We will be at the 10:00 am show. Is anyone else going to be there? We would love to meet you. We will also be seeing several other shows there in the coming months. Mad Science CSI Live on January 25, Charlotte's Web on Febuary 8, and Mommoth Follies on April 13th.

The Mayo Center is a really nice little theater that has "school time" shows every month. We love going there on a ragular basis.

So where are you going for outings in the next few months. Any place we can meet you at.

Kathi
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

linasvdbygrace is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Homeschool Outings

Hello Kathi!

My family and I are brand new to time for learning! It's great to see your forums and all the neat things that will be taking place in the next few weeks. I was just on google searching for shows, and was lost in the overload of info they have :-\ . I think I learned my lesson already( next time, just search in t4l!) Lol!

Anyways, so all of these shows sound great, how much are the tickets? Is there a website I can go to? Again, thks and Im so excited to get going on our homeschooling!

TTY soon!
    LINA! ;-D

Mother of a:
    12,9,and 6 yr old.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeschool Outings

The link for the Mayo Center School Time Performances is:

http://www.mayoarts.org/genre_explorations.htm

Prices at the Mayo Center are usually between $6 and $10 each. Parents as well as children must have tickets. If you buy over 15 tickets you get a free one. I am trying to organize a group buy for the Mammoth Follies show. SO we can get a free ticket. Besides, it's always fun to go as a group. Our local homeschool group does these shows pretty often and then we go out to eat after. When the weather cooperates we do a park date after. If you are new to homeschooling in NJ you might want to join some of the groups. I am an assistant organizer for NJ Homeschool Hangout. I am also on the GECKO list. If you go to the resources page I have listed a whole bunch of groups and resources around the state. There might be something that is close to you.

Welcome to homeschooling and welcome to the T4L forums.

Kathi
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota