Homeschooling in New Jersey
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Homeschooling in New Jersey

What is your favorite thing about homeschooling in New Jersey? Do you have a least favorite thing? What is it like for you in New Jersey?

I know for me my favorite thing is how easy it is to homeschool here. When I read the lists of requirements from other states, it makes me so happy to live in a state that has no requirements. We do what we want the way we want and there is no one to question us.

My least favorite thing about homeschooling in New Jersey or anywhere, is and always will be, science. I just don't like science. My son is so far behind in science just because I hate teaching it.

How about you, favorites, least favorites. Please share with us.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Angie5 is offline Junior Member

Hi Kathi,

I just moved over from Puerto Rico and I home-school my eight year old last year there, utilizing another curriculum. My little girl is ADDHD so other home school moms suggested this site when I moved over. For us it was scary in the beginning but, it paid off she learned better and at her own pace everything she wasn't able to learn with the public school system. By the way I also had her in "Private" pre-schools and nothing because unfortunately, in today's society its all about the "green paper" not devotion towards the individual child. So many teachers want little soldiers who stay still, listen and learn...easy money. I am happy I decided on home schooling her, whenever she accomplishes something knew her smile is worth so much.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Angie5, and welcome! I'm so glad that you and your daughter are enjoying homeschooling, and enjoying Time4Learning! I agree with you...there is nothing better than being with my boys, helping them learn something, then seeing their smiles when they finally grasp what it is they are learning about.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the group Angie5. I totally agree with both of you. My son may get on my nerves at time, (what 9 year old can't.) But I am so glad to be able to be with him and watch his eyes light up when he suddenly "gets" it with something he's been struggling with. I love watching him grow and learn and not having to share that with a school or a teacher or 40 classmates.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota