Homeschooling in NJ... transfer from CA? HELP!
    Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling in NJ... transfer from CA? HELP!

Hi,
    I'm really desprayed for help... I researched online a lot, but couldn't find any homeschool info in NJ. I live in CA, and have been homeschooling my son for 1 year now... he's above average academically, but was verbally bullied constantly in 5th grade because he has adhd (causing him to move more than other kids)... he was crying that entire year, so I homeschooled him in 6th grade and will this year through a charter homeschool in CA. I'll have to move to NJ after two months because of my husband's job, and I'm so sad because all the free online accredited homeschool don't include NJ. What are my options? Public school is not an option... my son can't take any more bullying... and I know that he will be bullied because of his adhd condition. I also can't afford tuition based home schools. Help.

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeschooling in NJ... transfer from CA? HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    I'm really desprayed for help... I researched online a lot, but couldn't find any homeschool info in NJ. I live in CA, and have been homeschooling my son for 1 year now... he's above average academically, but was verbally bullied constantly in 5th grade because he has adhd (causing him to move more than other kids)... he was crying that entire year, so I homeschooled him in 6th grade and will this year through a charter homeschool in CA. I'll have to move to NJ after two months because of my husband's job, and I'm so sad because all the free online accredited homeschool don't include NJ. What are my options? Public school is not an option... my son can't take any more bullying... and I know that he will be bullied because of his adhd condition. I also can't afford tuition based home schools. Help.

Welcome to the Time4Learning forum.

I am not sure what the laws are for New Jersey but that is where you need to start. Check out the New Jersey Homeschooling page and the Home School Legal Defense Association states that there really are not any laws on homeschooling in NJ. One of the more relaxed states. It is up to the school board. But no notification or record keeping. This is from the little I read. Check out those two sites. They will have more information. Good luck with your move.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.