I am new to home schooling and would love a little guidance!
    lunatoony is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile I am new to home schooling and would love a little guidance!

Hi, My name is Barb, mom of 6 sons, ages, 23,17,12,10,8, and 4. I have decided to homeschool the 4 youngest ones. Drugs and smoking rampant in our school system, lots of harrasment and pressure on my boys. I love this curriculum with Time4 learning. My question is, Is this curriculum good enough, or do I have to supplement with additional Science. I am in Sussex County. Thanks for your time! Going to be great to communicate with all of you!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Lunatoony, I have a nine year old boy in Bergen County. We have been using time4learning since preK and love it. I don't supplement with science in particular but we do take classes at Liberty Science Center and some of the local nature and environmental centers. I think for my fourth grader that is enough. There is an online program called SuperCharged Science. It is pretty pricey though. We also get a monthly newsletter from Science Made SImple. It has an annual fee but I don't remember it being that much. This month it was called What Is Plastic? Evey month the topic is different. My son also designs and builds rockets so he gets a lot of science from that. There are so many things out there that you can use for science if you think you need more. Science in a Bottle is a cute little kit to do experiments with. We got it from Amazon.

Welcome to the group and to homeschooling. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. Oh, I also wanted to say that I also have six. My other five are all grown up now. I did manage to have one girl in the mix though.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota