need info on nj homeschooling
    Unregistered Guest

Unhappy need info on nj homeschooling

I am the mother of a sixth grader who has failed for the year and does not like school so I figured ok homeschool him I can not afford to buy anything until September I thought I could just print out a standard curriculum for 6th grade and find info on the topic and just teach it but I dont know if that is acceptable for Nj do I have to follow the schools stuff untli end of school in 4 weeks.I dont know what meets NJ standards I sent a letter of intent now they are saying they want the curriculum I am gonna teach for the next to weeks I am confused and stressed please help.I definately want to go with your program in September.Thank you Robin.

Unregistered Guest

Smile letter of intent

I hear you girl, I want to withdraw my daughters from public school in september and I am not sure if I should say I am not going to homeschool. Or I should just say they are going to a private school.

Look up the HSLDA they are a homeschool lawyers, and its a membership fee in payments, If you look at F&Q laws of NJ you are not required by law to show a curriculum. Seek them out and they will help you.

Good Luck

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

All you need to do is write a letter notifying the school that your child is no longer attending their school. You will be homeschooling using Time4Learning curriculum. Some schools in New Jersey try to tell you that you have to keep them apprised of any changes to your curriculum and things like that. But all you really have to do is tell them your child will not be returning to school. This is only so your child is not considered truant. My son has never attended school so I didn't even have to do that. You can start Time4Learning now. You don't have to wait until September. You could start out at the level he is in now in school. Do the lessons that will help him catch up. Then in September you can adjust his level or continue from where you are at. You don't have to start in September and finish in June. Unless you really want to follow your own curriculum. Good luck and welcome to Time4Learning.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Some schools in Jersey try to be really hard core about the whole thing. After all, when we take our children out of their schools, they lose federal money. They try to make it as hard as possible on us. But in reality, there are no laws governing homeschoolers in New Jersey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota