New to Homeschooling!
    TJP Guest

Smile New to Homeschooling!

Hello
    we just pulled our 10 year old daughter from 4th grade here in Montclair and would love to connect with other homeschooling families in the area/state We also have a 4 1/2 year old daughter who is enrolled in a local 1/2 day Pre-K. We belong to the essex county GECHO group but would also like to know other local parents who maybe using Time4Learning.

Tara

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Tara, It's nice to meet you. I am also a member of GECHO. It's a great group. I would also recommend NJ Homeschool Hangout. It is a meetup.com group. We will be having our monthly Mom's Night Out this Monday at 7:00pm at the Panera Bread in Wayne. There is a great monthly homeschool class at Montclair Art Museum. They have a session for kids under 9 and one for those over 9. We still attend the younger group even though my son is 10. He prefers it.

We have been using Time4Learning since the beginning, preK. My son is now trying to finish up fourth grade. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with. We're all in this together.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

TJP Guest

Default Thanks

Hi Kathi
    Thanks for the feedback. We are going to check out MAM on the 17th and are slowly finding our way around Good to know you like Time 4 learning too, I feel like we need a bit of structure and things laid out. Maybe we will see you at some get together, we will try the older group at MAM but who knows, Chloe may prefer the younger group too, I would not be surprised. We are also going to do the ice skating tomorrow at 11am at Floyd Hall.

Thanks again!
    Tara

Blog Entries

Feel free to sk any questions you have Tara. We're here to help.

We are not doing the ice skating thing. My son just isn't interested in it. But as you can see from the groups there are lots and lots of activities going on all the time. I'm sure we will run into each other. I'm easy to recognize. I'm older than everyone else. I walk with a cane. And I have grey dreadlocks. That usually makes me stand out in a crowd. I look forward to meeting you.

Samadhi6 Guest

Default very new

My son is also just recently taken out of school. He is 9 years old and was in the 4th grade. I am still loking for a good way to educate him from home. I have started by giving him worksheets that are grade level that I have printed off of the computer. If anyone has any suggestions please help. I am open to all assistance that is out there.

Blog Entries

I am a strong advocate for time4learning. We have used it since preK and we still love it.