New to Jersey City / Day 2 on T4L
    justmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face New to Jersey City / Day 2 on T4L

hello, i am a mom to 4 girls ages 3,4,8 and 13. both 8 and 13 year olds are home-school with T4L. (2nd grade and 7th)
    we are new to NJ, Jersey City. moved here from Hot Springs AR.
    i have a few things to learn about Jersey and T4L but i'm sure we will do great.

i previously home schooled my 13 year old for 3rd and 4th grade, then because of circumstances, put her in school. we just started homeschooling again this month. we are excited and of course i am nervous.

i am a stickler for schedules and organization. since the move however, none of that has happened.

looking forward to a wonderful rest of the school year!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Just mom, Welcome to Time4Learning and to New Jersey. I think you will find New Jersey to be a lot more laid back than most states. It is so easy to homeschool here. Give it some time and I think you will find that things will settle down for you a lot. Eventually you will find a rut that suites you and your family. There are some great homeschool groups in New Jersey. My favorite group is NJ Homeschool Hangout. They are a meetup group and they have a facebook page. Lots of activities all the time. There are several teens in the group. There is also Jersey City/Hoboken yahoo group. Although my experience is that they are a much younger crowd.

Monthly classes at Montclair Art Museum are great. In the summer there are some other places that hold monthly homeschool classes if you don't mind driving. Historic Speedwell in Morristown and Cooper Grist Mill in Chester are two of our favorites.

Please let me know if I can help with anything or if you have any questions.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota