New to T4L

Thread: New to T4L

Dschetter69 is offline Junior Member

Default New to T4L

My son is enrolled in kindergarten in public school in New Jersey. What is the protocol to withdrawaling him to start homeschooling? TIA

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New to T4L

I wanted to say welcome to Time4Learning! I don't live in New Jersey, but here's a link I found to the laws there. New Jersey Homeschool State Laws | Home School Facts

I'm also going to move this thread to the state forum. Hopefully someone there can help you more.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: New to T4L

Hi. Here's the letter I mailed to the superintendent. I emailed a copy to the principal as an FYI. They gave me no trouble at all:

We, the undersigned parents, do hereby serve notice to the superintendent of Pequannock Township Public Schools that we have established and are in charge of a non-public home-based educational program for our sixteen-year-old son, _____________, beginning November 14, 2016.
    Please mail us a copy of ______’s transcripts from freshman year until the end of the first marking period of sophomore year, as well as any transfer paperwork we may have to sign. Thank you.