New to T4L and Looking to connect with other Homeschooling Parents
    tonyaewillis Guest

Smile New to T4L and Looking to connect with other Homeschooling Parents

I'm not new to Homeschooling but New to T4L. It's an OK website. I've been Homeschooling my Special Needs son since 2010. Residing in Essex County I realized it was the best decision I could have ever made for him. We're originally from Connecticut and the School Systems there are completely different than NJ. In Connecticut they actually give a darn about your child's education. But it has been hard for us to connect with other Homeschooling families. I'm told there out there but I can't seem to find them. It would be nice if we could meet families with children from the ages of 6 to 9, so that my son might make some friends in the process.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Have you tried the GECKO group? They are busy all the time with a variety of activities. Also NJ Homeschool Hangout. Several members of that group have children with special needs ranging from autism to food allergies to learning disabilities. I am a member of both of these groups. We enjoy the monthly homeschool classes at Montclair Art Museum. They have two age groups but people move freely between them. My son prefers the 5 to 8 year old group even though he is 10 now. MacCulloch Hall in Morristown has a monthly homeschool class. There is soccer on Monday mornings in Montclair. When it gets warm again there will be weekly park days. There are so many opportunities to get together with other families. Check them out.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota